Saturday, May 24, 2014

Even when it's cold it's hot.

Friday morning involved more exploring and little relief from the heat here. I ran only four miles and the sweat return was not equal to the work being done, let me tell you. This dry heat is a different beast and I realized I more or less have to double my water intake, otherwise sad cells, yanno?
Late in the afternoon, it cooled off to around 73 and rained a little which was a pleasant surprise. Trevor got out of work and we rode bikes to one of the many parks located along the Columbia river trail to play soccer with a group that plays every Friday. It was an eclectic group of people, a couple men in the range of 40-50 and the rest in the age range of Trevor and I. Needless to say, I was the only girl and it showed. I am pretty rusty on the field and HOLY CRAP I AM NOT QUICK ANYMORE. Apparently two years of long runs and lifting does not make you speedy. I need to work on that. Regardless it was a great time playing, even if it was with, as Trevor put it, with a couple "washed up high school soccer stars".
Tonight, there was supposed to be a meteor shower around 11 pm here, which I had wanted to go someplace cool to see with the brother bear but Trevor went to bed around 10:00. I snuck out to our backyard at 11 to watch alone but couldn't see anything, so watching a meteor shower was sadly not crossed off my bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment